BAMS Colleges in India:
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate degree program in the field of Ayurveda, which is a traditional system of medicine in India. The duration of the BAMS course is 5 and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
During the course, students learn about the principles and practices of Ayurveda, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and diagnosis of diseases. They also study various aspects of surgery, including emergency medicine, orthopedics, and ophthalmology.
After completing BAMS, graduates can work as Ayurvedic practitioners, and can also pursue further studies in related fields like public health, epidemiology, and clinical research. BAMS graduates can work in government and private Ayurvedic hospitals, clinics, and research centers, and can also start their own practice.
Eligibility for Best BAMS colleges in India
- Candidates must qualify for NEET with required minimum cutoff percentile. The required percentile for NEET is 50% for candidates belonging to the General category (UR), for OBC/SC/ST, it is 40% and for PWD it is 45%.
- According to NEET-UG eligibility criteria, candidates must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Aspirants must have passed/appeared in 10+2 with mandatory subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
- For state quota seats, students should fulfill the NEET domicile criteria of the particular state they wish to get into.
CALL US FOR DIRECT ADMISSION +91-6361543518
BAMS Colleges in India- Admission Process
It goes without saying that being familiar with the admission procedure is as important as the exam itself. Admission to AYUSH 15% All India Quota seats in government BAMS colleges in India is conducted by the AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee (AACCC). While the admission to the 85% government state quota seats of BAMS course in India is conducted by the affiliated university of the particular state. Eligible candidates can check the detailed admission procedure below.
- Students need to register at the AACC website for admission to AIQ seats in the BAMS course – aaccc.gov.in.
- For admission to the state quota seats at BAMS colleges in India, candidates must register at the official websites of the affiliated universities/colleges.
TOP AYURVEDA COLLEGES OF INDIA
1. Dr DY Patil College of Ayurved and Research Centre, Pune
2. Patanjali Ayurved College, Haridwar
3. JSS Ayurveda Medical College, Mysuru
4. Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Ayurved, Pune
5. Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangalore
6. Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College, Dehradun
7. Adichunchanagiri Ayurvedic Medical College
8. Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research
9. Ramakrishna Ayurvedic Medical College
10.SDM Institute of Ayurveda & Hospital
11. Shri Kalabyaraveswara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College
12. Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research
13. Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College And Hospital
14. Hillside Ayurvedic Medical College
15. Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College
16. Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College,
17. KTG Ayurvedic Medical Collage And Hospital,
18. Ashwini Ayurvedic Medical College,Tumkur
19. Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College
20. GS Ayurveda medical college & hospital,Hapur
21. Major SD Singh Ayurvedic Medical College
22. Divya Jyoti Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital
23. Ishan Ayurved Medical College and Research Centre
24. Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Dehradun
25. Om Ayurvedic Medical College and Research Center, Roorkee
26. Doon Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun
27. Haridwar Ayurveda Medical College and Research Centre, Haridwar
28. Dev Bhoomi Medical College of Ayurveda and Hospital, Dehradun
29. Desh Bhagat University School of Ayurveda and Research, Gobindgarh
30. Universal Ayurvedic College and Hospital, Mohali